Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Quick and easy side dish.
- 2 lbs green peppers, cut into 1/4-inch rings (about 6 medium)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- Remove ribs from pepper rings.
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- Add garlic, black pepper and pepper rings; cook, over high heat and stirring frequently, until tender-crisp-----about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Serve at once.
This is an excellent way to prepare just green bell peppers for a quick side dish. My only caution is that the pan should be watched very carefully because there is a fine between cooking long enough to soften the peppers yet turning off the heat before the garlic starts to burn.
Nice side dish and easy to prepare. No problem with the garlic and it adds a nice flavor with the salt. I made a half recipe.