Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Posted by request.
- Wash beans.
- Remove strings and trim ends.
- Cut into 2 inch pieces.
- Pack beans into a hot quart jar leaving 1 inch head space.
- Add Salt.
- Ladle boiling water over beans-again leaving 1 inch head space.
- Wipe rims and adjust 2 piece caps.
- Process quarts for 25 minutes at 10 pounds pressure.
- **Shouldyou wish to use pints use 1/2 t salt and process 20 minutes at 10 pounds pressure.
This is the way I can green beans very year, for years. You have to use a pressure cooker like it says to can green beans. I also run the blade of a knife down the side of the jar to make sure that there is no air bubbles. Thank you for posting so that others will know.
This is the exact same way I can my green beans. Thanks for posting the recipe for newbies to canning. It's great that you put step by step directions. Thanks again
I have been canning greenbeans like this for years. This can be done without the salt with good results. I always run the handle of a rubber spatula down the side of the jar after I put in the water to get the excess air out. I read that somewhere and just kept doing it!