Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen green beans (french cut)
- 1 cup bamboo shoot, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger, Ground
- Cover and microwave frozen green beans in 1-qt casserole on high (100%) until tender, 6 to 7 minutes, drain.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Microwave uncovered until hot, about 1 minute.
This was a nice change from the usual green beans. I served it alongside sweet and sour chicken. It was mild but not bland, though next time I think I might kick up the seasonings and add a splash of soy sauce.