Recipe by bert
I have been using this recipe for ages. I found it in the newspaper years ago and I like to make it when I have company as a side dish with whatever else I happen to be making, i.e. steak, chicken or chops. If you're a garlic lover, then just crush the cloves into the beans rather than leaving them whole.
- 7 slice bacon
- 473.0 ml green beans
- 473.0 ml yellow beans
- 453.59 g mushroom
- 4 clove garlic
- 4.92 ml sweet basil
- 0.25 ml thyme
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Parboil beans in salted water 7-10 minutes, then drain.
- Cut bacon into 1" slices and begin to fry slowly.
- Add mushrooms and garlic cloves.
- Stir and fry until mushrooms are cooked, about 8-10 minutes.
- Remove garlic cloves.
- Add the green beans and mix together, then season to taste with salt and pepper.