2 hrs 20 mins
Great in summer and winter, quick and tasty, a german kitchen staple. Serve with a dense rye bread and butter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Clean the beans and snap into bite size length.
- 2Put beans into a Dutch oven type pot.
- 3Add enough water to just cover.
- 4Bring to a boil.
- 5Peel potatoes and dice.
- 6Add potatoes and savory.
- 7Cook till beans and potatoes are cooked.
- 8Melt butter in frying pan.
- 9Add flour to butter and make roux about the color of chocolate milk.
- 10Add roux to soup.
- 11Season with salt and white pepper to taste.
- 12Add heated polish sausage, if you like.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Bean Soup - Gruene Bohnen Suppe
Serving Size: 1 (200 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 154.6
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 52.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 3.8 g