Chef Kate's Note:
From Jack Bishop’s Vegetables Every Day. Very pretty all green or with a mix of green and yellow beans.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring several quarts of water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add the beans and salt to taste. Cook until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Drain, shake dry and then spread out over a clean towel so they dry quickly. Let the beans cool to room temperature.
- 2Combine the tomatoes, shallot, oil, lemon juice, parsley and pepper to taste in a large serving bowl.
- 3Add the beans and adjust the seasonings, using salt sparingly.
- 4Sprinkle the feta cheese over the salad and serve immediately.
- 5Variation: Use 1 tablespoon walnut oil and 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil. Sprinkle the salad with 1/3 cup toasted and coarsely chopped walnuts and crumbed goat cheese (instead of the feta) just before serving.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Bean Salad With Tomatoes and Feta
Serving Size: 1 (136 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 149.8
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 13.4 mg
- Sodium 179.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 4.9 g