Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
The old fashioned kind...but unlike most recipes, I highly recommend using fresh green beans and steaming them to crisp-tender before putting them in the casserole.
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 dash pepper
- 2 cups cooked green beans
- 1 1⁄3 cups French-fried onions (taste toppers)
- In a casserole dish, mix together soup, milk, cheese, pepper, beans and 2/3 cup onions.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until completly hot.
- Sprinkle remaining onions over bean mixture and bake until onions turn golden.
Yes! This is how I make it too (sometimes without the cheese). So very much better using fresh green beans!