Recipe by Chef likestocook
Susan made this for our family Thanksgiving dinner one year and I loved it! It is so good and different than the usual green bean casserole.
Top Review by sarahb
I made this casserole tonight and thought it was super good. The taste was excellent. I made a couple changes - used breadcrumbs for the topping instead of crackers since that is what I had, and added a little garlic powder and pepper. Also, I took it out of the oven a little before the time indicated since the top was very golden but the middle was a little too liquidy - so I recommend following the directions! My husband and I will have the leftovers for Thanksgiving. It is a perfect change from the typical green bean casserole because my husband hates the taste of mushrooms. Thanks!
- 2 (16 ounce) cans French style green beans (drained)
- 1 (15 ounce) can white shoepeg corn (drained)
- 10 3⁄4 ounces cream of celery soup
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (more if you like)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup onion
- 38 Ritz crackers
- 1⁄2 cup butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix corn and green beans.
- Put in greased casserole.
- Mix soup, sour cream, onion, salt, and cheese.
- Spread over corn and green beans.
- Melt butter, add crackers and brown.
- Sprinkle over the top of casserole.
- Sprinkle cheese over the top.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.