Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Yet another variation on the classic green bean casserole. This one is made with bacon, cheddar cheese & shoestring potatoes.
- 2 1⁄2 ounces bacon, cooked &,crumbled
- 1 (16 ounce) can French style green beans, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) can shoestring potatoes
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Mix all ingredients except potatoes& cheese; place in a casserole dish.
- Top with potatoes& cheese.
- Bake at 350F for 30 minutes.
I made this for Thanksgiving dinner. I left out the mushrooms and substituted cream of chicken for cream of mushroom. Other than that followed the recipe. Very good and very easy to make!! I would make it again.
Most cream of mushroom soup is not gluten-free...only Progresso Creamy Mushroom, which isn't concentrated and is in a larger can. I'd double check cans of shoestring potatoes too.