Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Great brunch or breakfast item; heats up nicely in the microwave. Original recipe calls to bake for only 45 min. Mine is never ready that soon. It always 60-70 min. Maybe this is due to cold ingredients? Variation of a recipe from Quick Cooking Magazine (Taste of Home website)
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 3 cups low fat cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 5 eggs
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup bread crumbs into a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.
- Spread over toasted bread crumbs.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 45 min or until knife inserted into center comes out clean.
- Let sit for 5-10 min before serving.
awesome and easy! I messed up and forgot to put breadcrumbs in the actual spinach mixture- but it was definatly still good.