With my love for frozen things and apples, this was a perfect thing for me. The recipe yields 4 servings, but when I'm eating it...well, it's just for one. Great served when having a small bbq with friends or for just a weeknight dessert.
- Cut, core and coarsely slice the apples.
- Place the apples in a saucepan along with lemon juice, sugar, and apple juice.
- Boil for approximately 3 to 5 minutes or until soft.
- Remove the green apple mixture from heat and cool.
- Place in a blender or food processor and puree the green apple mixture until smooth.
- Strain and transfer to a small container. Stir in green food coloring, mix well and place the green apple sorbet mixture in the freezer.
- This can be made two days before.
- When the green apple sorbet is completely frozen, remove from the freezer and place in a food processor or blender and puree again.
- Return to the freezer until ready to use.