1/6 Photos of Green Apple Sorbet
8 hrs 15 mins
Redneck Epicurean's Note:
With my love for frozen things and apples, this was a perfect thing for me. The recipe yields 4 servings, but when I'm eating it...well, it's just for one. Great served when having a small bbq with friends or for just a weeknight dessert.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut, core and coarsely slice the apples.
- 2Place the apples in a saucepan along with lemon juice, sugar, and apple juice.
- 3Boil for approximately 3 to 5 minutes or until soft.
- 4Remove the green apple mixture from heat and cool.
- 5Place in a blender or food processor and puree the green apple mixture until smooth.
- 6Strain and transfer to a small container. Stir in green food coloring, mix well and place the green apple sorbet mixture in the freezer.
- 7This can be made two days before.
- 8When the green apple sorbet is completely frozen, remove from the freezer and place in a food processor or blender and puree again.
- 9Return to the freezer until ready to use.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Apple Sorbet
Serving Size: 1 (292 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 163.0
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 36.2 g
- Protein 0.4 g