Recipe by ellie_
An old WW recipe - I think it converts to about 5 points/serving. When we made this recently, one of my sons couldn't stop eating it! A very different and healthy lasagna recipe which we enjoyed.
Top Review by sugarpea
Loved the cheese sauce! Just wish there had been more of it. There wasn't enough sauce to bind all the vegetables, so serving a piece was a bit tricky. Only change I made was to start with fresh spinach and broccoli. I steamed them both and continued as directed. Excellent flavor in this dish! Next time I will multiply the sauce by 1 1/2.
- 2 tablespoons reduced-calorie margarine
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups evaporated skim milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 9 ounces shredded Fontina cheese (reserve 2 TB)
- 2 cups drained thawed frozen chopped spinach (1-10 oz pkg)
- 2 cups drained thawed frozen chopped broccoli (1-10 oz pkg)
- 12 ounces rinced drained cooked cannellini beans
- 1⁄2 cup chopped roasted red pepper (reserve 2 TB)
- 9 ounces lasagna noodles, cooked and drained (9 noodles)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cheese sauce: In medium saucepan, melt margarine.
- Stir in flour.
- Cook, stirring constantly (2 minutes).
- Whisk in milk, black pepper and nutmeg;cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil an thickens.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese; continue cooking until cheese melts and mixture is smooth.
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
- Spray a 13" x 9" pan with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, combine spinach, broccoli, cannellini beans and red pepper.
- Arrange 1/3 of the lasagna noodles (3 noodles) in prepared pan, spread with 1/3 of vegetable mixture; top with 1/3 of the cheese sauce.
- Repeat layering twice, ending with cheese sauce.
- Sprinkle reserved cheese and red pepper on top.
- Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes; remove foil and bake 10 minutes longer.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.