- 1 1⁄4 cups dried split peas, rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 5 cups chicken broth or 5 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro or 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a soup pot, combine the dried split peas, chopped onion and broth. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 45 minutes, or until split peas are tender.
- Stir in creamed corn, and curry powder, and cilantro. Cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.