Recipe by Doreen Randal
This a meal in itself good with crust bread. GREEN AND GOLD CHOWDER (700 watts)
- 450 g smoked fish fillet
- 425 ml milk
- 1 bay leaf
- 50 g butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 100 g onions, chopped
- 100 g frozen green beans
- 100 g baby sweet corn cobs
Directions See How It's Made
- Arrange fish in a shallow dish in a single layer.
- Add half the milk and bay leaf, cover and cook on HIGH for 7 minutes, until it can be flaked.
- Reserve cooking liquid.
- Flake fish, discarding skin and bones.
- Cut the beans into 2 1/2 cm pieces and the baby corn in half if large. Place the butter in a microwave safe bowl cover and microwave on HIGH until melted.
- Stir in the flour and whisk in the fish cooking liquid and the remaining milk, a little at a time, until mixture is smooth.
- Mix the vegetables into the sauce. Cover and cook on HIGH for 6 1/2 minutes, stir in fish and pepper to taste and cook for a further 2 minutes, until vegetables are cooked, stirring twice.