Recipe by gailanng
A combination of tart freeze-dried fruit and a warming tandoori-spiced honey to create a weekday breakfast that’s easy to make and definitely exciting. From "Try This at Home", Top Chef contestant Richard Blais.
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon ground tandoori spice mix
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 cup all-natural granola cereal
- 1 cup small diced fresh fruit, such as pineapple, bananas, kiwi, berries (or a combination)
- 1 cup freeze-dried fruit, such as pineapple, bananas, berries, mango (or a combination)
- 8 small fresh fresh cilantro stems (optional)
- 8 fresh basil leaves, torn (optional)
- 8 fresh mint leaves, torn (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Divide the yogurt among four small serving bowls.
- In a small dry skillet set over low heat, toast the tandoori spice mix until very fragrant, about 3 minutes. Remove the skillet from the heat and add the honey. Using a wooden spoon, stir to combine.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon of warm spiced honey over the yogurt in each bowl. Divide the granola and fruit among the bowls and set aside. Garnish each serving with the basil and mint, if using, and serve immediately.