Recipe by LifeIsGood
A simple, delicious recipe for Greek salad with grilled pita. This salad is filled with lots of 'good for you' veggie goodness. Recipe adapted from Rachael Ray.
Top Review by Dreamer in Ontario
I could live on this salad. It's that good. I reduced it to one serving since I was dining alone tonight. It made a very generously sized single salad. The grilled pita is a nice addition. Made for ZWT9
- 3 vine-ripe tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 medium red onion, sliced thinly
- 1 seedless cucumber, cut into chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into chunks
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and cut into chunks
- 236.59 ml kalamata olive (I like to buy the already pitted version)
- 59.14 ml fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 226.79 g feta cheese (Greek imported feta cheese is best)
- 59.14 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 44.37 ml red wine vinegar
- 4.92 ml dried oregano
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- pita bread (amount is up to you)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all the veggies, olives and parsley into a large bowl. Crumble or slice the feta cheese over the salad. Combine the oil, vinegar and oregano - either shake it together in a jar or whisk. Pour the dressing over the salad - don't pour it all in at once, instead pour the amount to taste. Season your salad with salt and pepper and let it marinate until you're ready to serve.
- Meanwhile, you can quickly grill your pita bread (or use a hot griddle or grill pan). Grill until the pita gets blistered and warm on both sides.
- Serve the grilled pita alongside the salad and enjoy!