Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Fresh summer tomatoes shine when simply adorned with flavored feta, parsley, and olive oil. From "WW 5-Ingredient-15 Minute Recipes" and = 2 points. NOTE: I've shown some optional ingredients that we enjoy with this dish; I add a pressed garlic clove sprinkled over the tomato, and include thin onion slices.
- 4 medium tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices (about 2 pounds)
- 1⁄3 cup crumbled feta cheese with garlic and herbs
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 small onion, very thinly sliced
- Arrange tomato slices on a serving platter. (Mix optional onion slices with tomatoes).
- Sprinkle feta cheese, parsley, (optional garlic) and pepper over tomatoes; drizzle with olive oil. Serve immediately.
- NOTE: Serving size = about 3 slices.
Loved the simplicity of this recipe. I made it without the optional extras to get the full flavour of the basic ingredients and it was very tasty! Thanks for a lovely easy recipe! Made for ZWT6.
Yummy simple salad! I made this as directed with all of the optional ingredients. So simple and refreshing. Thanks FloridaNative for a nice new keeper. Made by an Unruly Under the Influence for ZWT6.
Another winner by Florida Native! I loved this, and although I don't have a farm - tomato (since it's deep, dark, winter here) I just had to make this. I had a jar of homemade feta marinated in olive oil that I used for the olive oil, (already had infused garlic in it) so just dribbled some of the wonderfully spiced olive oil on top. What a salad, and so easy too! Made for March Diabetic Month March 2010