Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This salad is delicious, and great to take in a container for a brown bag office lunch! The tuna can be replaced with cooked chicken breast. Plan ahead this needs to chill for a minimum of 5 hours or overnight.
Top Review by scottmonica.healy
After trying another popular pasta salad recipe from this site, we decided to branch out a bit. Four out of five in our family like this one better than a simple recipe made with Italian dressing. I used just over a 1/4 cup oil, and the juice from a whole lemon, and 12 oz. of bow-tie pasta. Will definitely make this again; it tastes like summer. =)
- 4 ounces dried bow tie pasta
- 1 cucumber, quartered lengthwise, seeded and cut into about 1/2-inch slices
- 1 cup red onion, chopped (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice (can add in more to taste)
- 1 -2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 1 (6 ounce) canchunky solid white tuna
- 1 1⁄2 cups crumbled feta cheese (or to taste)
- 10 cherry tomatoes (or to taste, cut in half, or can leave whole, can use 1 large firm ripe tomato, chopped in place of)
- 3⁄4 cup sliced black kalamata olive (or to taste or use sliced drained canned olives)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the bow tie pasta in salted boiling water until JUST firm-tender; drain and rinse with cold water, then transfer to a large bowl and toss with 2-3 tablespoon oil.
- Add in the tuna, feta cheese, cucumber, red onion, cherry tomatoes and olives; toss to combine.
- To make the dressing; mix/whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, garlic powder (if using) Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the pasta mixture; toss to coat well.
- Cover and chill for a minimum of 5 hours or overnight.