Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A recipe given to me by my Cypriot neighbor.. its really great, with just the right amount of vinegar and olive oil... made a few hours ahead gives the onion a bit of time to absorb the wonderful flavors
- 3 tomatoes, wedges or 3 onions, sweet -mild
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 9.85-14.78 ml balsamic vinegar
- 4.92-7.39 ml oregano, dried
- salt, to taste
- Cut Tomatoes into wedges, slice the onion very fine, add to the tomatoes.
- place in a shallow dish, add the vinegar, oil and oregano, sir to mix well, cover and leave for a few hours. giving a sprinkle of salt before serving.
- with other salads at either a BBQ or with lasagna, steak or lamb.
Quite good, Joy! I started out using white balsamic vinegar, but it was too bland so I added a splash or red balsamic and it perked right up!
Oh this simple little tomato salad is wonderful! I used 3 medium sized tomatoes, 1/4 of a large yellow onion, and sea salt. Put this together around lunch time and by supper the flavors had blended together and made a nice little dressing. Next time I want to use chopped green onions to sprinkle on top of the tomatoes. DH loved this too and said "Thank you Joy for some good tomatoes"! Tomato lovers need to give this a try! Made and reviewed for the Australia/NewZealand Forum's Recipe Swap #42 RecipeNap.
Recently, I made a salad with tomatoes,onions and mint, so I really wanted to try this . I liked this one ,too!Now I'm waiting for the summer to get some real tomatoes.Served it with some garlic bread.Made it at lunch and ate it for dinner.There's really a difference if you let it sit for a few hours.Thanks for sharing.