1 hr 10 mins
1 hr 10 mins
An unusual combination that works quite well! The subtle taste of the spaghetti squash goes well with the stronger tastes of feta, kalamata olives, and oregano. From Cooking Light, 1998. Serves 4 as a main dish, or 8 as a side dish. Prep time includes chilling.
My Private Note
side se ...
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (crushed in your hand before adding)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups cooked spaghetti squash, cut to desired lengths
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup diced green bell pepper (or red/yellow/orange if you don't like green)
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped pitted kalamata olives
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained (chickpeas)
- 1(To cook the spaghetti squash, if you haven’t yet: preheat oven to 350 degrees F; slice the squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds; poke holes all over the squash with the tip of a knife; spray a cooking sheet with pan spray and bake the squash halves face down for 30 to 40 minutes or until easily pierced by a fork; let cool until they can be handled, then gently scoop out the insides with a fork – they will form into spaghetti-like strands).
- 2In a bowl, combine the vinegars, olive oil, oregano, basil, salt, black pepper, and garlic and whisk well.
- 3In another bowl, combine the squash, tomato, cucumber, feta, bell pepper, onion, onions, olives, and garbanzo beans, then add the whisked vinegar mixture and toss well.
- 4Cover and chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Style Spaghetti Squash Salad
Serving Size: 1 (360 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 257.8
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 16.6 mg
- Sodium 732.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 9.9 g