Spaghetti Mizithra (Greek-Style Spaghetti) the Spaghetti Factory
photo by tiffanyricker
- Ready In:
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 1 cup unsalted butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 lb kasseri cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 lb romano cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Cook spaghetti until until tender but firm to the bite and drain.
- Melt butter in a large skillet and cook just until it turns brown.
- Meanwhile, combine chesses.
- Place spaghetti on warm platter, sprinkle with mixed chesses, then drizzle with browned butter.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I met this dish in Newport Beach at "The Spag" (that's what the locals called the Spaghetti Factory). I fell in love with it then and still love it today. I have made this recipe for years, tweaking it, here and there, but this seems to be the easiest to do. I used Mizithra cheese instead of the Romano. When grated together with the Kasseri, it's excellent! I will note that the butter really needs to get to a bubbling brown point (but not burnt) in order to marry all the flavours together. Other than that, its easy and a great dish to serve up on its own, or on the side of Italian Sausage, beef, or lamb. Introduce or try this out with your kids instead of Mac and Cheese out of a box. My son loved it. Thanks for this recipe.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Me: Trained Private Chef/ Accounting Favorite Cookbook: All of them. You can get so many idea's from cookbooks and restaurant menu's. I read them like novels. Pet Peeves: Filthy/Sloppy Cooks; Especially Racheal Ray- The "Queen of Cross-Contamination". She has gotten somewhat better. Passions: Creating fun meals out of almost nothing. International cuisine.