Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
I found this recipe in Low Country Living magazine. It has similar ingredients to my favorite pasta dish, so I'm posting for safekeeping.
- 9 inches deep dish pie shells
- 1⁄2 cup artichoke heart, diced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh tomato, diced
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup kalamata olive, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup roasted red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Pre-bake the prepared pie shell for.
- 12 minutes, or until golden brown. Reduce oven temperature to 325.
- degrees. Remove the pie shell from the oven and allow to cool at room.
- temperature. When cooled, fill the pie by layering first the artichokes,.
- then tomatoes, spinach, olives, peppers, feta cheese and oregano.
- Meanwhile, beat together the eggs, half and half, and salt and pepper.
- until frothy. Pour the mixture over the layered pie shell. Return to the.
- oven and bake at 325 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes or until just set. Let cool at room temperature before slicing.