Recipe by dojemi
This is an original salad dressing from The Red Fez Restaurant. Very refreshing. Pour over salad ingredients listed and serve with Pita bread and Hummus.
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried mint
- feta cheese
- 1 can chickpeas, drained (use 3 Tablespoons juice)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons tahini
Directions See How It's Made
- For the dressing: Mix all ingredients together and chill.
- Pour over a salad of iceberg lettuce, tomato, cucumbers and red onion.
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of black pepper over salad before adding dressing.
- Toss to mix well.
- Top with crumbled Feta Cheese.
- For the Hummus: Puree all ingredients in blender or food processor.
- Add additional chick pea juice if necessary to make a smooth consistency.
- Spread pita pocket with hummus and fill with salad.