- 1 eggplant
- 1⁄2 cup soft fresh goat cheese
- 1⁄3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons basil, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Roast the eggplant at about 400 until the skin is crisp.
- Let cool. When it is cool enough to handle, cut open. If there are a load of seeds, take them out. They can be bitter.
- Scoop the eggplant into a bowl.
- Mash the eggplant, and add the rest of the ingredients.
- Put in container and let rest for a few hours for flavors to develop.