Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
The perfect summer lunch served over a bed of baby spinach! It makes a TON so is perfect for a party, or for prepping a week's worth of lunches at one time. Add more quinoa if you'd like - 1 cup for this whole recipe isn't much.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 8 ounces reduced-fat feta cheese
- 1 English cucumber
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 red onion
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans garbanzo beans
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black olives (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Rinse and prepare quinoa per package directions.
- While the quinoa cooks, prepare the other ingredients.
- In a large bowl, whisk together juice of 1 lemon, 1/4 cup olive oil, 1/4 cup red wine vinegar, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/4 cup black pepper.
- Chop cucumber, red bell pepper, and red onion. Half or quarter cherry tomatoes. Add to bowl.
- Next, add 2 cans drained garbanzo beans, and 1 can drained olives (if using).
- Crumble feta cheese over the top, and add chopped parsley. Gently combine.
- Once quinoa has cooked and cooled, add to the bowl and combine.
- If mixture seems dry, you can always add more red wine vinegar or lemon juice.
- Works well as a main dish over baby spinach, or as a side dish for grilled chicken or fish.