Top Review by BeckyF
This is a meal that can be prepared ahead of time. Instead of making it in the Microwave we put it in the oven for about 1/2 hour to 45 minutes. We also used tomatoes with jalapino's in it, the only difference I woould make would be to add 1 more can of the tomatoes.
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1⁄2 onion (diced)
- 1⁄2 green pepper (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 slices bacon
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes (drained)
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 cups cooked penne or 3 cups cooked rigatoni pasta
- 3 crushed chili flakes
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 dash paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- In a casserole dish place garlic, onion, green pepper and oil.
- Cover and microwave on high for 3 mins.
- Add bacon, cheese and chilli flakes microwave for another 3 mins, covered.
- Add tomatoes, season with paprika, salt and pepper, then stir in tomato paste, cover and microwave for 7 mins.
- Then add the hot cooked pasta and microwave for 3 mins uncovered.
- Then serve hot with feta cheese on top.