Recipe by Darrinw2001
A good Bobby Flay recipe From foodnetwork.com. another good looking lite dish!
Top Review by pborne
I just looked up this recipe, again, and cannot believe I never wrote a review. This is my staple "go to" dish. Every time I go to a shower, pot luck or family get together, I take this dish. Everyone asks for the recipe, I give it but add that they cannot take it to any family function because it is "my dish." It is so good. I usually add some roasted pine nuts and greek olives.
- 340.19 g orzo pasta, cooked al dente
- 1 large cucumber, seeded, quartered lengthwise, and sliced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 473.19 ml grape tomatoes, halved
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh dill, plus extra
- fresh dill, for garnish
- 59.14 ml white wine vinegar
- 44.37 ml Dijon mustard
- 118.29 ml olive oil, plus additional
- olive oil, for brushing shrimp
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 340.19 g feta cheese, crumbled
- 16 medium shrimp, peeled and de-veined
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine orzo, cucumber, green onions, and tomatoes in a large bowl.
- Place dill, vinegar, and mustard in a blender and blend until smooth. With the motor running, slowly add the olive oil and blend until emulsified. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the orzo mixture and stir well to combine. Gently fold in the feta cheese.
- Heat grill to high. Brush shrimp with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill for approximately 2 minutes per side or until just cooked through.
- Divide orzo salad among 4 take-out containers or plates and top with 4 shrimp. Garnish with additional dill.