I don't normally like omelets that much, but this is a good recipe! This is a very simple way to make a great tasting and quick breakfast!
- Spray a skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place a handful of spinach into skillet and cook on medium heat until spinach begins to shrivel.
- Set spinach aside.
- Beat eggs together and pour into warm skillet.
- Sprinkle feta cheese and precooked spinach over top.
- Sprinkle with oregano, salt, and pepper.
- After eggs appear to be cooked 1/2 or 3/4 way through, fold omelet in half and cook until center reaches desired consistency.
This was a wonderful omelette, the flavors really set each other off, afraid mine didn't look so pretty as I always have trouble folding them but it sure tasted great. DH really like spinach and feta combo.
I try to eat spinach every day--never thought to add it to eggs! This makes a good "basic" spinach omelet. It tastes good as is, but could be enhanced with many additions. Personally, I like the simplicity of few and healthy ingredients--it made for a light and attractive meal, which is my favorite kind. Thanks for making Quest4ZBest today's featured chef--her other recipes sound yummy too.
I made this using egg whites only and I'm sure that had a flavor effect on this dish. But even at that I thought this needed more seasonings of some kind. I added lemon pepper after cooking and that helped. I wish I had the tomato basil feta that sounds good. Next time I fix this dish I will be sure to have that on hand. This was a nice light healthy supper and very easy to prepare. I also used low fat feta so this was a very calorie friendly dish and filling. Think I will add some mushrooms next time also for the added benefits. Thanks for posting this one.