Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is from Cooking Light. Posting for ZWT3. Serve with a lemon-herb orzo.
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 cup minced onion
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup grated carrot
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground lamb
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion, and sauté 3 minutes.
- Combine the onion and the next 10 ingredients (onion through egg).
- Shape meat mixture into 30 (1 1/2-inch) meatballs, and place on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 425° for 20 minutes or until done.