Recipe by winkki
A recipe from one of my husband's colleagues. She said she usually just uses 1 lb of meat, since that's the typical pkg size and has substituted dried oregano, basil, parsley, and mint for the fresh herbs. It was a big hit at the party. Number of meatballs depends on how big you make each one; would work as an appetizer or part of a main dish.
Top Review by Sonata
I really liked these meatballs. I added an egg to the recipe and subbed oatmeal for the bread crumbs. I served them over pasta with tomato sauce, artichokes and a splash of balsamic vinegar.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground lamb
- 4 ounces crumbled feta
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped of fresh mint
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 -4 cloves garlic (depending on how much you like garlic!)
- Combine all ingredients.
- Shape into balls.
- Broil for 15 min at 400 degrees.
- Serve with rice, tabbouleh, hummus, pita, etc or with tahini dip& enjoy!