Recipe by luvinlif2k
Fasoulakia Fresca Yahnista (fah-sou-LAH-kee-ah FRES-kah yah-nees-TAH) includes mint to add a uniquely Greek flavor. This recipe is from Extending the Table and is posted for ZWT4.
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 453.59 g green beans, chopped
- 4.92-9.85 ml of fresh mint, chopped
- 2 beef bouillon cubes, dissolvedin a little water
- 1 large tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 9.85 ml tomato paste
- fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown garlic and onion in 2 tablespoons olive oil until transparent.
- Add green beans, mint, beef bouillon, tomato, tomato paste and parsley.
- Stir gently and add enough water to allow beans to simmer.
- Cover and simmer about 30 minutes.
- Check periodically and add water as needed to keep beans from sticking.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve.
- MICROWAVE DIRECTIONS: In 2-quart casserole, combine oil, garlic and onion and cook on high 2 minutes. Add green beans, mint, bouillon and parsley; stir gently, cover and cook on high 3 minutes. Add tomato, stir, cook on high 5-9 minutes, until beans are tender, stirring once. Let stand 3 minutes before serving.