Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Serve with a crusty bread....or stuff a pita with it. This recipe is posted for Zaar World Tour, and is from Moosewood Restaurant Cooks at Home
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and sliced
- 1 large ripe tomatoes, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 scallion, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 8 kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- salt and pepper
- romaine lettuce leaf
- feta cheese, crumbled (optional)
- Combine cucumbers, tomtoes, bell peppers, scallions, parsley, oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano and olives in a large bowl.
- Add salt and pepper and toss well.
- You can serve immediately, but it will taste better if it sits for about 30 minutes before serving.
- Mound the salad on romaine lettuce leaves, and top with feta.
I've been making this salad for some time and it always gets rave reviews. I usually stuff a pita with this salad and some hummus together. Mmmmmm.
I have made this several times now and am just getting around to posting a review. I find myself using this often with the produce from a summer garden. I have subbed whole black olives if that was what I had on hand. Terrific recipe Bunny!
Very tasty salad. I know oregano is a key ingredient to Greek salads, but I don't care for it, so I left it out and added basil instead. A definite keeper of a recipe. Thanks for sharing it.