Recipe by Ms*Bindy
Serve with a crusty bread....or stuff a pita with it. This recipe is posted for Zaar World Tour, and is from Moosewood Restaurant Cooks at Home
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and sliced
- 1 large ripe tomatoes, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 scallion, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 8 kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- salt and pepper
- romaine lettuce leaf
- feta cheese, crumbled (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cucumbers, tomtoes, bell peppers, scallions, parsley, oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano and olives in a large bowl.
- Add salt and pepper and toss well.
- You can serve immediately, but it will taste better if it sits for about 30 minutes before serving.
- Mound the salad on romaine lettuce leaves, and top with feta.