Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
From Betty Crocker.
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs broiler-fryer chicken pieces
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil (or 1 T. dried basil)
- 1 tablespoon chopped of fresh mint (or 1 t. dried mint leaves)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (4 3/4 ounce) jarpitted kalamata olives, drained
- Place chicken in a shallow glass or plastic dish.
- Mix the next 5 ingredients together; pour over chicken.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Brush grill rack with vegetable oil.
- Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat (medium heat).
- Remove chicken from marinade (reserve marinade).
- Place chicken on grill, skin sides down; grill 5-6 inches from medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Turn chicken, brush with marinade; cover and grill 20-40 minutes longer, brushing occasionally with marinade, until juices run clear.
- Discard any remaining marinade.
- Serve chicken with olives.