Recipe by Chef Shantal
Fabulous meal, takes an hour or so, but its definately worth the wait. Chicken simmered with tomatoes, and olives, served with potatoes.
- 78.07 ml flour
- 1587.57 g chicken pieces
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 2 medium white onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 793.78 g can diced tomatoes, with juice
- 59.14 ml lemon juice
- 9.85 ml dried oregano
- 4.92 ml salt
- 3.69 ml pepper
- 236.59 ml brine-cured black olives, pitted and cut in half
- 907.18 g potatoes, cut into large chunks (4 or 5 medium size)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the flour in a plastic bag, season with 1/4 tsp pepper. Trim excess skin and fat from chicken; shake chicken in bag with flour, a few at a time, to coat.
- Heat the oil in large skillet or dutch oven, over medium heat. Arrange chicken in pan and cook until golden brown, 5 minutes per side. ( You may need to do this in batches) Remove to plate.
- Add onion and garlic to the pan, cook stirring, for 5 minutes, until softened. Return chicken to pan, add tomatoes and juice, lemon juice, oregano, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium heat, then stir in olives. Cover and let simmer for 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the potatoes, continue to cook for another 20-25 minutes, until potatoes are tender.