Recipe by Abby Girl
Chocked full with chicken, vegetables and chickpeas...this low fat meal is very satisfying!!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 small chicken breasts, boneless and skinless, cut into cubes (l lb/454 g)
- 1 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 cup zucchini, diced
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 19 ounces tomatoes, diced, undrained
- 1 1⁄2 cups pasta sauce
- 1 cup chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, minced
- 1⁄3 cup reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil over medium high heat in a large stock pot. Add chicken. Cook and stir until chicken is lightly browned, but not cooked through, about 4 minutes.
- Add onions, zucchini, red pepper and garlic. Cook and stir until vegetables begin to soften, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in chili powder, cumin and oregano. Cook 1 more minute. Add tomatoes with their juice, pasta suace, chickpeas, brown sugar and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in cilantro. Ladle chili into serving bowls and top with feta cheese.