Recipe by School Chef
something i just put together for a quick dinner
Top Review by JackieOhNo!
This was pretty good, but the directions were a tad confusing. I ended up adding the drained artichokes with the garlic and sauteed them for a few minutes, then added the brine with the tomatoes. I used Cavender's Greek Seasoning. I also think it could benefit from some additional feta. Made for Football Tag Week #9.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic clove
- 1 (13 3/4 ounce) can artichoke hearts in brine (reserve liquid)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil oregano and garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3⁄4 lb penne pasta
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbles
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil Pasta in salted water till done.
- Wash and dice raw chicken breast.
- Heat oil add butter and melt.
- Saute' chicken breast for 7 minutes.
- Add garlic saute 3 minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper and oregano.
- Add tomatoes and chicken broth
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pour sauce over pasta and top with feta cheese.