Recipe by Outta Here
A twist on cheese sauce for cauliflower. Nice tangy taste of feta and richness of eggs. NOTE: I re-wrote the instructions more clearly. There is NO hot sauce in this, as mentioned by one reviewer. It called for whisking 1/2 cup OF THE HOT CHEESE sauce, NOT 1/2 cup hot sauce. :)
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 eggs
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and separate cauliflower into florets and cook in a large saucepan in boiling water until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and arrange in a 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- In a saucepan, melt butter; add flour and stir over high heat until browned slightly. Add milk and cook, stirring, until thickened. Add cheese; cook until cheese is melted.
- Slightly beat eggs in small bowl. Whisk in 1/2 cup of the hot cheese sauce into eggs, to temper.
- Whisk egg mixture gradually into the remaining cheese sauce. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour over cauliflower and sprinkle with paprika. Bake for 15 minutes, until bubbly.