1/8 Photos of Greek Cauliflower
A twist on cheese sauce for cauliflower. Nice tangy taste of feta and richness of eggs. NOTE: I re-wrote the instructions more clearly. There is NO hot sauce in this, as mentioned by one reviewer. It called for whisking 1/2 cup OF THE HOT CHEESE sauce, NOT 1/2 cup hot sauce. :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash and separate cauliflower into florets and cook in a large saucepan in boiling water until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and arrange in a 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
- 2Preheat oven to 300°F.
- 3In a saucepan, melt butter; add flour and stir over high heat until browned slightly. Add milk and cook, stirring, until thickened. Add cheese; cook until cheese is melted.
- 4Slightly beat eggs in small bowl. Whisk in 1/2 cup of the hot cheese sauce into eggs, to temper.
- 5Whisk egg mixture gradually into the remaining cheese sauce. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour over cauliflower and sprinkle with paprika. Bake for 15 minutes, until bubbly.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Cauliflower
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 263.6
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 115.9 mg
- Sodium 452.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 11.6 g