Recipe by Olha
Large jumbo shrimps covered with a tasty wine sauce.
Top Review by less2saw
I made this recipe but added 4 cloves crushed garlic and fresh oregano, rather than dry. My husband doesn't like all the wine so cut back to 1/2 cup. Served it over spagettini with mixed salad, Definitely 5 star.
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 4 medium sized ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 3⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs jumbo shrimp
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the butter in a skillet. Add the onions and fry 3 minutes until golden brown and soft. Add the tomatoes and fry for 2 minutes. Add the wine, parsley oregano, salt and pepper and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Shell the shrimp but leave the tail intact. remove the black vein. Add the shrimp to the sauce and cook slowly over low to moderate heat for 6 minutes. 4 servings.
- World’s Best Recipes.