Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I love just about any kind of bean or pea. But I especially lover butter beans. This recipe works very well in a slow-cooker.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, with juices
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup minced fresh parsley
- Let the oil get heated in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add in the onion; cover and cook about 5 minutes or until onion is soft.
- Add in garlic; stir/saute for 1 minute or until softened.
- Transfer vegetable mixture to a 4-quart slow cooker.
- Add in the beans, tomatoes with liquid, and salt/pepper to taste; stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4-6 hours.
- Just before ready to serve, add in the parsley; stir to combine.
Made for our Christmas dinner as a vegan dish for my sister. The non-vegans were equally happy. Really fresh flavors and the ease of throwing this in the crockpot was welcomed on such a hectic cooking day. Thanks!!!