Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This comes from the book I Like You by Amy Sedaris.
Make and share this Greek Beans (An Amy Sedaris Recipe) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs green beans
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled & chopped
- 2 crushed garlic cloves or 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons basil
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 6 ounces tomato paste (use only half)
- 1 bouillon cube
- Wash beans.
- Saute onions, garlic, and carrots in oil and bouillon.
- Add crushed tomatoes, oregano, basil, and beans. Add 1/2 a cup of water.
- Cook covered on low heat for 45 minutes.
- Take lid off and add tomato paste, then cook for another 15 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.