Prep 10 mins
Cook 9 mins
Found this wonderful recipe on Salted and Styled .com. Recipe is by Libbie Summers and she named it Mornings on Mykonos. Not sure if it's an authentic Greek dish (Greek hubby never heard of it!) but the ingredients are there and it sounds heavenly!
- 5 kalamata olives, pitted and roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 5 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- kosher salt
- black pepper, freshly ground
- toasted bread, for dipping and sopping
- Preheat oven to "Broil" and place rack in top position.
- In a small bowl, combine olives, garlic and the chopped herbs. Set aside.
- Add the butter and cream to shallow baking dish, then place in the oven until the butter cream mixture is hot and bubbly, about 3-4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, very carefully break the eggs into individual bowls, making sure to keep the yolks intact. Set aside.
- Once the butter and cream mixture is hot and bubbly, remove from the oven and carefully pour the five eggs into the dish (work quickly). Sprinkle the tops of the eggs with the olive herb mixture and top with the crumbled feta cheese. Liberally sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place the pan back under the broiler and cook until the egg whites are nearly cooked through (approximately 4 to 5 minutes).
- Remove from the oven and allow to set for 1 minute before serving. Serve hot with toast for dipping.
Yummy. I only made 1 serving for my breakfast so used my little cast iron skillet to make this and the dish came out wonderfully. It worked perfectly under the broiler. I just tipped it out onto a slice of toast and had a great hot start to this rainy day. Thanks for a different way to do eggs. Made for ZWT 9.
This had a great flavor! It took a little longer both for the butter to melt, and for the egg whites to set. I had impatient hungry people waiting so I just microwaved it for a minute at the end. Perfect weekend breakfast with toast and fruit. For ZWT9.