Recipe by ketchup
This is one of my favorite ribeye recipes. I got it from a very old Southern Living magazine a while back. Easy and tasty. Time is estimated.
Top Review by SloppyJoe
Aside from when I lived in an apartment many years ago and didn't have a grill, this is the only steak I will cook on the stove. I found this recipe a few years ago and DH and I absolutely love it. The rub, the lime, the feta but if you make it be sure to use pitted Kalamata Olives. They lend a great "richness" to the flavors. This one is a real winner!!
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 rib eye steaks
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 6 large pitted black olives, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together rub and rub well over both sides of steaks.
- Let sit at least 20 minutes in rub.
- (Longer if possible) Heat oil in heavy skillet on stove top until it sizzles small beads of water.
- Place steaks in pan and fry on both sides to your prefered doneness.
- Squirt lime juice on each fried steak and then top with 1/2 cheese and olives on each steak.
- Serve hot and enjoy.