Prep 5 mins
Cook 14 mins
sliced chicken gyro meat
Make and share this Grecian Chicken Gyros recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons tbsps lemon juice
- sea salt, to taste preference
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste preference
- 1 dash of ground onion powder
- 1 dash oregano (I used mediterranean)
- 1 dash seasoning salt (I used Lawry's brand)
- extra virgin olive oil, to tast preference
- pam nonstick cooking spray
- fresh lemon wedge
- Preheat your oven or toaster oven to 380 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl combine oregano, onion powder, and lemon juice and 2 tbl spoons of olive oil with the chicken.
- On a greased cookie sheet, flatten out the chicken into a thin uniform slab.
- Sprinkle on sea salt, black pepper, and just a dash of season salt.
- Pour on a little bit of olive oil, about a tbl. spoon and add to oven.
- Bake for 7 minutes and turn. Before adding back to heat, sprinkle pepper and seasoning salt and about a tbl. spoon of olive oil.
- During cooking time you may add fresh squeezed lemon once or twice to each side.
- Once this is done, about 14 minutes, you may remove and slice!
- I serve this with whole wheat pita bread and cucumber mint sauce to make sandwiches.