Recipe by Sydney Mike
Here a salad with a bit of crunch! The recipe is from Better Homes and Gardens' Fresh and Simple Vegetable Dinners cookbook(let).
Top Review by JanuaryBride
Loved the salad, but could not get the dressing to work for me. I made the dressing as written, but agree with Sharon that something was missing. Added some chives, no. Added some Spike seasoning, no. Added some yogurt, no. Added some sweet pickle relish, heck no! SO, I made the salad as written and used a sweet vinegar/oil dressing and topped it with cashews and it was great! Made for Veg*n tag.
- 3⁄4 cup roasted cashews, salted
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 5 cups salad greens, torn, mixed
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup dark raisin
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- FOR DRESSING ~ In a food processor or blender combine 1/2 cup of the cashews, water, garlic, salt & onion powder.
- Cover & blend until mixture is smooth & creamy. It will thicken as it blends.
- Stir in lemon juice & set aside.
- FOR SALAD ~ In a salad bowl toss together the greens, tomatoes, peas, raisins & green onions.
- To serve, divide among 4 serving plates or salad bowls.
- Sprinkle with remaining cashews & drizzle dressing over each serving.