- Chop veggies and combine in a large bowl with the cheese and olives.
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a small mixing bowl to your taste.
- The olive brine and cheese brine are used to balance out the vinegar taste.
- Please feel free to experiment; I had to try a lot to get to my liking.
- It's very important to taste the dressing while you're making it.
- When you're happy with the dressing pour it over the veggies, olives, and cheese in the large bowl.
- Coat veggies, olives, and cheese well with the dressing.
- And chill for at least 6 hours.
- I take this to alot of parties and it's always a hit.
Oh boy, did we ever like this salad. It was delicious. I didn't use the salad dressing, but made something similar. I used Greek Salad Dressing on this which is 566 here on Zaar. It is very similar to your dressing except it had garlic which added to the recipe. I will definitely make this again in the future. :)
I made this for lunch today and it was very good. You are right you have to play with the dressing and taste as you go along. I only made a half recipe of salad. It is unique to use the brine from the feta cheese and the liquid from the olives in the dressing. It is difficult to say how much oil, vinegar, brine and olive juice I used because I just added drop by drop til I got it just right.. I served the salad on a bed of lettuce. Thanks pegsus for an excellent Greek Salad recipe
A great recipe. Delicious. I like to use just a handful of pitted kalamata olives, and just a half red onion, chopped - but the beauty of this recipe is that it's to your own taste.