Prep 2 hrs
Cook 35 mins
A nice, slightly sweet brown loaf with perfect moisture. Excellent for sandwiches or toasted or just with butter for a snack.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in the bowl of mixer with a dough hook attached. Meanwhile, stir yeast and sugar into 1/2 cup warm water.
- Pour yeast mixture into mixing bowl. Add molasses and mix thoroughly scraping down several times.
- Add flour cup by cup to make a soft dough. Sprinkle in more flour until dough is soft but does not stick to finger when poked.
- Knead with the dough hook for 6-8 minutes.
- Turn into a greased bowl. Cover with dish towel and leave in a warm place to rise for about an hour.
- Grease two loaf pans.
- Punch down dough, cut in half and form two loaves. Place in prepared pans, cover again with towel and leave in warm place to rise about 45 minute.
- Bake at 375 for 35-45 minutes.