I collect veggie burger recipes and this is a little different from the others I have. Feel free to use other veggies. if you like! These can be frozen. Serving suggestions: Serve with grilled onions, grilled portabella mushroom slices, and mixed greens, or, burger style with ketchup
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 44.37 ml olive oil (or veg. oil)
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 59.14 ml mushroom, chopped
- 295.73 ml vegetable stock
- 236.59 ml coarse bulgur
- 425.24 g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 113.39 g frozen peas and carrots (optional)
- 0.25 ml kosher salt
- 59.14 ml grated mozzarella cheese
- taco seasoning (or seasoning of your choice)
- 1Put olive oil in a ten-inch non stick frying pan and heat.
- 2Put onions and mushrooms into pan and sauté for about 5 minutes,just until cooked slightly.
- 3Pour onions and mushrooms into a 3-quart sauce pot with the vegetable stock and bring to a boil.
- 4Add bulgur, chickpeas, and frozen vegetables, stir until combined.
- 5Turn off heat, cover and let stand 15 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
- 6Remove pot from heat.
- 7Using a potato masher or spoon back, mash ingredients together making sure all chickpeas get smashed.
- 8At this point you may add a little seasoning of your choice (I use 1 tbs taco seasoning).
- 9Form into 8 burger patties.
- 10Lightly coat the 10-inch non stick pan with cooking spray (or a few more tbs of the olive oil) and turn heat to medium.
- 11Place all burgers in pan when hot and cook 2 to 3 minutes per side or until heated through and golden.
- 12Optional: Fold in 1/4 cup grated mozzarella (or cheese of your choice) to mashed bulgur mixture before forming into burgers.
- 13To freeze: Flash freeze on a cookie sheet uncooked until solid.
- 14To heat: Thaw in the refrigerator then cook per directions.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Great Gardenburgers
Serving Size: 1 (105 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 182.7
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 2.7 mg
- Sodium 202.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 5.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: