Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
A very simple and easy soup that cooks on its own in the crock pot. The taste of this soup seems way more complex than it's few ingredients. Very delicious! healthy! Adapted from Emeril - my thanks in his direction! You can add a different green (kale, chard, spinach) to the cabbage if you wish. The beer balances the sweetness of the cider perfectly and the kielbasa adds a savory quality to the broth. Yummy with some rustic bread and butter.
- 1 head cabbage, chopped
- 6 -8 cups apple cider (fresh or from concentrate)
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle beer
- 2 cups sliced kielbasa (I use turkey)
- Put all ingredients in crock pot.
- Cider and beer should cover the cabbage.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours until cabbage is tender.