Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
My great Aunt Marie bakes this moist yummy bread for all our family gatherings. Not even being Diagnosed with breast cancer stops her. she spreads Pineapple cream cheese in between slices for a yummy sandwich
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- beat butter and cream cheese with an electric mixer.
- gradually add sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- add eggs one at a time blending after each addition.
- combine flour and next 3 ingriedient'.
- sgradually add to butter mixture, beating on low speed.
- stir in banana, pecans and vanilla.
- spoon into greased and floured 8x4 inch breadpans.
- bake at 350 for 1 hour
- shelding with aluminum foil for last 15 minutes.
- remove from pans and cool 30 minutes on wire racks.