1/2 Photos of Gravlaxsosa (The Real Deal)
*This recipe is a personal treasure* ! The literal translation of the Icelandic word *Gravlaxsosa* is "smoked (or pickled) salmon sauce", but its versatility widens its use horizons. When I 1st came to Iceland & tasted this, I was in love for a lifetime. I've always bought it in commercially prepared jars, but only just recently acquired the recipe for it. I promise you will adore this easy-fix taste sensation! (Time does not include overnight refrigeration)
My Private Note
1 tbsp ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a 3 cup or larger bowl, whisk the 1st 8 ingredients to combine.
- 2Gradually add olive oil in a stream & whisk to combine well. Add salt & pepper to taste & refrigerate for 24 hrs to allow flavors to blend.
- 3NOTE: I use a wide-mouth jar w/screw-on lid + my immersion blender to make & store this in a single step.
- 4TO SERVE: Simplicity is the most-favored presentation - as a bruschetta-type appy where 1/2-in slices of baguette bread are spread w/cream cheese, topped w/very thinly sliced smoked salmon & then this sauce is spread over the salmon slices. A few tiny capers can be centered as an opt garnish.
- 5HINT: For never fail perfect slicing of smoked salmon, freeze the salmon to a near frozen state & use your sharpest knife to shave slices of desired thickness.
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gravlaxsosa (The Real Deal)
Serving Size: 1 (23 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 130.3
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.6 mg
- Sodium 43.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 0.2 g